LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening


So uh, James Murphy's latest leaked. I managed to listen to it on a stream and now it's all over the internet. I covered my love for dance punk and all of the old stuff here so I figured I had to address this since I'm a pretty big fan of his stuff.

So first off, the newest dance punk "anthem" is available on his myspace and it's pretty good. In my opinion, not nearly the best song of the album. It's loud, repetitive and fun as any of his stuff but I feel it's a little forced. It's full of fun riffs and tones that sound like they came from some kind of 90's kids toy.

Besides this, in listening to the leak I loved the first song Dance Yrself Clean, which is available at the hypemachine. It starts out quiet and playful with a catchy high pitched riff and after a few minutes more electronics come in. Around now, you're grooving, you're into it. But, it builds more and brings in some heavier and really interesting chords that shake you. Afterwards he cools everything down in the typical fashion of going back to the original beat/riff mixture. I can't stop listening to it.

I can't wait for the album to come out now, the rest of the tracks are definitely a progression of his style including old influences and moving on. In my opinion, this is certainly going to be on my best of 2010 list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment