Booker T. Jones - Potato Hole

I found out this CD came out through metacritic.  I wasn't really certain about who Booker T. even was. Either way, I got it and decided to put it on my iPod when I went out with my friends on last Friday. Windows down, 70 degree warm breezes flowing, and this awesome soul music playing felt perfect. It's good enough that when you focus on it you remember how good the music is, but you don't have to pay attention to enjoy it. 

Anyways, Booker T was the creator of this classic riff you've probably heard before. An unforgettable organ riff : Green Onions


And back to Potato Hole, there's an interesting cover of "Hey Ya". It's nothing like the Obadiah Parker Cover, there are no vocals, it's more like a real open jam that just slightly sounds like the original. (Jump to 4.00, there's an interview first)

0 comments:

Post a Comment