The Von Bondies




These guys rode the initial wave of the garage rock revival in the early 2000's. Thanks to bands like the White Stripes and the Strokes, the Von Bondies are somewhat popular. I caught them earlier this year live, apparently everyone in their home town of Detroit hates them. They got alot of heat from the crowd at the Grog Shop over their new album Love, Hate, and Then There's You. I didn't enjoy it as much as their other albums so I'm here to talk about their old music today.

Off the first album Lack of Communication comes a lot of hard blues rock. I'm a huge fan of the bass lines from many of them, all with a very mopey feel topped with angry and frustrated guitars and vocals. I really dig on songs like Cass and Henry that have very narrative dialogue style of lyrics. I thoroughly enjoy the nice bluesy jam that is Rock and Roll Nurse, and even better you can hear it too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment