The New Wine / Erlend Øye (Whitest Boy Alive)

During another round of exploration, I found a some sparkle in dance music. I discovered two really fun bands thanks to headphonesex . I've been a fan of music like the Juan MacLean , LCD Soundsystem and various other DFA names that are catching on like Yacht . Most of them are probably categorized as dance punk, similar but all with alot of variance from each other.

A friend had told me about Whitest Boy Alive a week or two ago but I didn't take the time to listen until today. What got me hooked in this madness? This:


It's really funky, and give that cheesy dance sound that makes your head wiggle and heart flutter. What got me is the synth part, it's a contagious hook, I'll admit it.

On to learning about Whitest Boy Alive, a little less funky, but more dreamy and I definitely feel that. Give this a spin:


Lastly, The New Wine, completely unknown to me, but so hip. Their music makes me want to eat glitter and bread just so I can get sick from dancing to their tunes. It would give me a funk driven puke frenzy, and everyone would just keep dancing in that sparkly vomit. Enjoy:

0 comments:

Post a Comment