Japandroids

I think everyone has a certain spot in their hearts for indie rock. It's hard to find your favorite flavor though. I previously covered Cymbals Eat Guitars, which was edgy, new, and really noisy. 

Through some careful searching I found something quite similar. It's got alot more energy, and a certain level of obnoxiousness but I think it's the perfect mixture. With lyrics like,  "I don't wanna worry about dying, I just wanna worry about those sunshine girls," the song Young Hearts Spark Fires seems to be the perfect super-happy-positive summer time song. Give it a listen:

Also, maybe check out some of their other tunes, just as raw, canadian, and indie rock as this song. They have just released a new record called "Post-Nothing" that actually drew me in because I think it's funny how overused the post- prefix is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment